The University of Central Lancashire will host the second international conference of the International Childhood and Youth Research Network that will take place from 5th - 7th September, 2012. The conference is aimed at experienced and new researchers, policy-makers and practitioners from all around the world.
A call for papers has been launched. Research and policy papers and workshops are invited on the following themes:
- Spaces, places and institutions of childhood
- Inter-generational relationships
- Public and private domains
- Global and local
- Inclusion and exclusion
- Family and lifespan
- Culture and context
- Work, play and leisure
- Mobilities and borders
- Transitions and disruptions
- Conflict and peace
- Citizenship and rights
- Responsibility and dependency
- Public perceptions and attitudes
- Children’s participation in decision-making
- Children and young people as researchers
Abstracts (up to 150 words) are invited to be submitted by 5pm on 31st March 2012.
Decisions will be notified on 30th April 2012.