The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) is looking for young Irish people between the ages of 18 to 25 WHO HAVE LEFT IRELAND in the last two years, to participate in a piece of qualitative research on youth emigration.
The research is intended to provide a greater insight into how emigration is affecting young Irish people. The study seeks to ascertain the following research questions:
- Where are Irish young people emigrating to and why?
- Has their experience been a positive one?
- How are they settling into life in their host country?
- What are the challenges they have encountered on this journey?
- What supports would have made their move easier?
- Do they envisage returning home in the next 5 years if things improved?