Against Hate Speech with Non-Violent Communication (NVC)
, Luxemburg, Luxemburg
NA Luxembourg, NA Finland, NA Poland
The training will combine the tools of NO HATE SPEECH campaign and Non-Violent Communication. Time will be devoted for the planning of a campaign, as well as the development of new projects with Erasmus+/ Youth in action.
Empowering youth activists with the practical tools to combat hate speech.
1. Recognizing what hate speech is.
➔ to understand/analyze the causes, manifestations, consequences and impact of hate speech.
➔ to learn how hate speech constitutes a human rights violation
➔ to develop participant’s knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for the promotion and protection of human rights.
2. Learning practically to use empathy as a tool to respond to hate speech.
3. Overall understanding of how this relates to Fundamental Rights.
4. Motivating and empowering participants to take actions against hate speech.
➔ to learn about Erasmus+ and Youth in Action as a tool to combat hate speech further.
➔ to support participants in defining their role and developing and implementing their initiatives within the campaign against hate speech.
- Young activist involved locally or regionally in the No Hate Speech Movement.
- Persons who have been confronted with hate speech with motivation to take action.
- Youth workers who want to tackle hate speech with youth.
The training will combine the methodology of non-formal learning with the tools of NO HATE SPEECH campaign and Non-Violent Communication. The training course is based on self-directed learning approach: participants will relate to their experiences and needs and share them with their co-learners. After each step they will be empowered to look at the process from meta-level and reflect what can be directly transferred to youth work. Therefore specific time will be devoted for the planning of a campaign, as well as the development of new projects on local and international level.
For more information please check the following website:
Weitere Informationen zur Veranstaltung:
Informationen auf dija.de