Differences Challenge Assumptions
, Buckinghamshire (London Country Side), Großbritannien
Youth With a Global Vision
“Differences challenge assumptions” project wants to address the lack of advanced intercultural working competencies and sensitivity in the youth work field and especially of the ones active and working in international or multicultural settings.
The main goal of this project is to increase the level of intercultural competence, sensitivity and quality in the youth work field.
More specific Objectives that will contribute to achieve the main aim:
- To increase/upgrade the knowledge level of youth workers in Intercultural Learning Topics (culture, identity, prejudices, stereotypes, assumptions, relativism, communication, clashes, intercultural sensitivity);
- To contribute to a deep understanding of the global settings and influence on the cultural awareness of young people;
- To develop practical skills in working and managing quality intercultural learning process in international projects with young people;
- To develop high cultural sensitive attitudes in the youth work field;
- To empower youth workers to act as responsible intercultural sensitive actors in the international field and project ;
The training course is strongly based on experiential learning (learning by doing) and non-formal education, with adequate time allocated for debriefing and reflection throughout the whole program as the process will be highly personal and aim for attitudinal changes, hence the reflection is very important part of the process (as the educational team is well aware of).
Trainers team is formed by experienced trainers in intercultural learning projects from Romania, Slovenia/Zimbabwe and UK/Ghana.
For more information about the training, the selection of the participants and costs please check the following website:
Weitere Informationen zur Veranstaltung:
Informationen auf dija.de