Panel Discussion: "Transformations in the Middle East and North Africa: The Youth as Key to a Successful Future"
Universitätsclub Bonn e.V. Wolfgang Paul Saal, Konviktstraße 9, 53113 Bonn, Deutschland
EuroConsult Research & Education, University of Bonn, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI)
In the context of the “Bonn Conference for Global Transformation”, the panel discussion will cover the political, economic and social transformation in the Middle East and North Africa with a particular focus on the key role of the youth for the region’s future.
- Ms. Lieselotte Krickau-Richter, Director of the Department of International Affairs and of EuroConsult Research & Education, University of Bonn
The following experts will participate in the panel discussion:
- Mr. Mohamad Rabah (Moderation), Consultant, Local Governance and Civil Society Development Program, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Palestinian Territories
- Ms. Bettina Horstmann, Head of Division “Policy issues of development cooperation with MENA; North Africa; Mediterranean policy”, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Prof. Dr. Christine Schirrmacher, Professor, Department for Islamic Studies and Middle Eastern Languages, University of Bonn
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Trautner, Researcher, German Development Institute (DIE); Honorary Professor, University of Tübingen
Two additional experts are invited. Further information about those experts will be announced on short notice.
Duration: 6.00 (s.t.) pm – 8.00 pm (Snacks and drinks will be offered after the lecture)
The panel discussion is part of the discussion series “Sustainable Development and Risk Management in International Cooperation” which offers a forum for networking and promotes the visibility of Bonn as an international city of science.
Weitere Informationen zur Veranstaltung:
Informationen auf dija.de