The 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum
, - Vilnius, Litauen
AGENCY OF INTERNATIONAL YOUTH CO-OPERATION
This year we are celebrating 10th year anniversary of the Eastern Partnership. Lithuania will organise at that occasion the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum. The event will focus on “Critical thinking through media literacy and active participation”.
The event will gather youth and youth work representatives, around 250 participants: each EaP country with 10 delegates from youth, organizations and institutions working with youth, EaP Youth ambassadors network representatives, 34 “Erasmus+” programme countries with 2 delegates per country, team of facilitators and experts, other European Union, Council of Europe, national agency and international youth organizations representatives.
What is Eastern Partnership?
It is a joint policy initiative launched in 2009 to deepen relations between the European Union and the six Eastern neighbours: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine. The Eastern Partnership is based on shared values of fundamental freedoms, democracy, respect for human rights and the rule of law, as well as shared commitment to market economy and sustainable development.
2019 marks the 10th anniversary of cooperation between European Union and the Eastern Partnership countries. The renewed EU Strategy on Youth, Eastern partnership 20 deliverables for 2020 both outlines priorities for cooperation in youth policy area. With ongoing discussions on EU multiannual financial framework post 2020 a strong emphasis on youth policy in the framework of EU and EaP cooperation is expected to continue.
What is the Forum about?
The planned Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will be the fourth conference dedicated to issues which matter young people, organised in the margins of the Eastern Partnership Summit. The previous Eastern Partnership youth forum took place in Lithuania (2013), Latvia (2015) and Poland (2017) focusing on social inclusion and employment/employability respectively.
The main objectives of the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum are:
- Celebrate the 10th anniversary of European Union and Eastern Partnership cooperation, highlight the impact and achievements;
- Provide opportunities for young people to contribute to the high level discussions about a joint vision for European Union and Eastern Partnership cooperation, and to convey recommendations to the Eastern Partnership Summit in 2020;
- Foster discussions and unity between delegates of European Union and Eastern Partnership regions on the changing landscape of youth demands and youth policy;
- Encourage further cooperation, partnerships and good practice exchange among young people, youth workers, organizations and institutions dealing with youth policy in European Union and Eastern Partnership countries;
- Collect the opinions of young people on Critical thinking, media literacy and active participation and inform the discussions of Eastern Partnership High level Summit in 2020.
Weitere Informationen zur Veranstaltung:
Informationen auf dija.de