IJAB – Partner for international youth work in Europe and the world
As a central specialist agency for international youth work, IJAB works on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth, the IJAB member organisations and other central bodies responsible for youth work. Its task is to strengthen and further develop international youth work and the cooperation in the field of youth policy - with countries in Europe as well as worldwide.
International youth work and cooperation in the field of youth policy open up to young people opportunities for education, personality development and participation in an increasingly globalised world. They help to maintain social peace, security and stability and counteract racism and violence. With its work, the specialist agency promotes the mutual understanding among young people from different countries and cultures, the acquisition of intercultural skills as well as non-formal and informal education processes.
IJAB strengthens the international transfer of knowledge in the field of child and youth services in order to contribute to their development. The specialist agency networks the actors in Germany and abroad and acts as an intermediary in the international dialogue. It provides information and counselling for bodies responsible for child and youth services, policy-makers and administrations and offers qualification and international exchange on specific youth-relevant topics to child and youth services specialists.
IJAB provides advice to young people on the varied offers to go abroad and informs them about national and European funding programmes. As a member in national and European networks, IJAB operates as an interface and links both levels through exchange and cooperation.
Since 1989, the German Agency “YOUTH for Europe” has been attached to IJAB. YOUTH for Europe implements the EU Programme “Erasmus+ YOUTH IN ACTION (2014 - 2020)” in Germany on behalf of the German Youth Ministry and the European Commission.
IJAB - International Youth Service of the Federal Republic of Germany
Godesberger Allee 142-148
Tel. +49 (0)228 9506 0
Fax. + 49 (0)228 9506 199
Long-term Impact / Evaluation of International Youth Exchanges:
- Practical Hints (brochure)
- Information for Decision Makers (brochure)
- Evaluation of international youth exchange programmes (brochure)
JiVE - International Youth Work: Participation. Diversity. Intercultural Awareness:
- JiVE Youth Work International. Experiencing diversity (link to the JiVE website)
- JiVE Youth Work International. Experiencing diversity. Promoting the integration and social participation of young people from the immigrant community Information and recommendations for policymakers and administrators (brochure)
- JiVE International Youth Work: Participation. Diversity. Intercultural Awareness. On the main outcomes of the JiVE project (brochure)
- Kommune goes International: A youth policy initiative to promote education and participation. Empowering young people through international youth work (brochure)
Compilation of information around youth mobility, international meetings and programs in Germany
Child and youth policy / services in Germany:
- Key Terms (Glossary) of child and youth services German – English
- Document on youth policy and youth work in Germany (direct link to our DIJA website)
- Power Point presentation (50 sheets) on the structural framework, structures, tasks and objectives of child and youth services in Germany (direct link to our "Infosystem Child and Youth Services in Germany")
- Publication “Child and Youth Policy, Child and Youth Services in the Federal Republic of Germany. Structures, Institutions, Organisations”
Youth participation / E-participation:
- Guidelines for successful e-participation by young people in decision-making at local, regional, national and European levels (brochure)
- „When can we drop the ‚e‘ in participation?“ Documentation of the Seminar on Youth & E-Participation, August 2013, Helsinki (brochure)
- Ypart for Youth. A Guide for Digital Youth Participation on the Participation Platform Ypart.eu (brochure)
- YouthBarCamp. A Guide for Practical Use (brochure)
- Selected international good practice in youth participation at local level. Brochure providing selected good practice in youth participation at local level from Switzerland, Finland, the Netherlands, Great Britain and France (brochure)
- transitions - Successful Transitions to Training and Employment. Gathering inspiration internationally – Learning in dialogue (brochure)
- Be Au-Pair – choose those who care (direct link to our website www.be-au-pair.de)
- Information on the Gütegemeinschaft Au pair, the Association aiming to guarantee the quality of home stays under an au pair scheme in Germany and the Au pair quality seal guarantees (direct link to www.guetegemeinschaft-aupair.de)
- Addresses of the agencies that offer transparent and quality assured conditions for preparation, placement and guidance for both, host families and au pairs (direct link to www.guetegemeinschaft-aupair.de)